Will you be eligible for Medicare soon?
This information is for Medicaid managed care members that will be eligible for Medicare soon. Your Medicaid health plan will enroll you in their Medicare plan. If you do not want to be enrolled in their Medicare plan, you can choose a different Medicare Advantage plan or traditional Medicare. Read the sample letters below to learn more.
The Department of Medical Assistance Services (DMAS) will send you a letter about 90 days before you start Medicare.
Your Medicare health plan will send you a letter about 60 days before you start Medicare.
- Aetna Better Health of Virginia 60-day letter
- Anthem HealthKeepers Plus 60-day letter
- Molina Healthcare 60-day letter
- Optima Health 60-day letter
- UnitedHealthcare 60-day letter
- Virginia Premier 60-day letter
To learn more about Medicare, call your health plan.
For free help understanding your Medicare choices, call the Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program at 1-800-552-3402.