Enrolling in Virginia Medicaid Managed Care
Enrolling is easy. To enroll, choose an MCO.
Who can enroll
Most people in Medicaid must enroll in managed care. People with other insurance or in a nursing home may not be asked to enroll.
To select an MCO or to choose a different MCO:
- Read about choosing (below).
- If you have questions or want to choose your MCO, call 1-800-643-2273.
Your new MCO will send you an ID card and information telling you when you can start using services.
You can change your MCO within 90 days after you enroll. You can change your MCO each year during open enrollment.
Tips on choosing an MCO
Choose the MCO that is best for you or your family.
- Read the MCO Comparison Chart online. (Charts will open in a new window.) See which hospitals work with each MCO, and see what extra services each MCO has.
- If you have a doctor now, find out what managed care plans your doctor works with.
- Call the Medicaid Managed Care HelpLine, 1-800-643-2273. HelpLine staff can answer your questions and help you decide which managed care plan is best for you.
- When you are ready to choose, call the Medicaid Managed Care Helpline to tell us your choice. Call 1-800-643-2273.
Compare the MCOs in your city or county
Most cities and counties in Virginia have 3 or 4 MCOs. You can see a chart that compares MCOs in your area and shows hospitals, extra benefits and extra services of each MCO.
To see a chart of health plans near you, click on your city or county, below.
Cities and Counties in Virginia
Click on your city or county to see a health plan chart for your area. (The chart will open in a new browser window.)